So in keeping with my need/love for cheap-ness I decided to add a personal touch to their room by updating an old Ikea dresser they’ve had for years. It’s a 3 drawer dresser that holds their t.v. and some knick-knacks. I decided on what else but a red Red Sox dresser! I went with subway style lettering depicting several different common phrases associated with the Red Sox. Had to consult the hubs on that one (and also our “Fever Pitch” dvd).
The entire piece was lightly sanded and the drawer fronts were painted in a pale grey that I had leftover from another project (because I’d run out of white).
I bought some vinyl letters at Michael’s, and placed them on the drawer fronts intentionally overlapping some of the words passed the end of the drawers.
I enlisted my 3 year old assistant to paint the entire piece Red (Cherries Jubilee by Glidden). I kid! He got tired after 4 strokes of the brush. Once the piece dried overnight, I carefully peeled the vinyl off and sanded the the edges, as well as over the letter for a distressed look.
At the time I wasn’t too worried about taking pics for a tutorial, I just wanted to do this for my kids, and throw it on the blog! So I apologize for not having too many of the ‘process’ shots, but here are a few of the ‘afters’..
Linking up here &